Most businesses know search engine optimization (SEO) is important for their website. But they don’t necessarily know how to do it and end up paying thousands of dollars to a company to do it for them – often without the results they expected.
Here are 5 tips to help you optimize your business website for search engines:
- Catch your visitor’s attention with title tags. Each page of your website should have a unique title tag. This tells search engines what is on that page.
- Have a great URL. This is the domain name where people will come to find you. It is your website address and the way the search engines get into your website to see what you have.
- Create description tags that match the content and keywords and phrases on your web page.
- Use keywords and phrases your prospects will search for to find you.
- Create targeted content. The website content should provide prospects with valuable information that provides benefits and solutions to their problems. Your content should identify a prospect’s problem, need, or want, and share the solution and benefits you offer.
Every website we create includes basic organic SEO based on keywords and phrases you provide.
What other questions do you have about SEO? Ask them in the comments section below and we’ll get an answer to you asap!