I love WordPress.
This site, like all the sites I build these days, uses WordPress as a base. No longer just a blogging platform, WordPress allows any user with enough technical skill to send email to manage their own website.
Of course, sometimes you want to do something a wee bit more complex (and, admittedly, sometimes WordPress can be maddeningly opaque.)
If you’re stuck, I’d love to help you out. I’ve created a handful of video tutorials (and we’re working on transcribing them all as well) for some fairly basic WordPress functions. If there’s anything else you’d like to see, just let me know and I’ll get it on my schedule.
Free WordPress Tutorial Videos
Here’s a list of all the current WordPress tutorials, plus a couple that aren’t WordPress specific. Looking for help with something that’s not here? Let me know!
Seven 11 new tutorials right here at the top)
- Updating WordPress (back up your database and theme folder first!) (Click here for a Transcription)
- Changing basic widget settings
- Managing Links and Link Categories
- Marking spam comments
- Adding and removing sidebar widgets
- Remove the toolbar when viewing the site
- Changing the font color
- Applying a new theme
- Insert and adjusting images
- Removing comment form from a page
- Remove the site title and description
- Adjusting theme options
- Logging into the WordPress Dashboard
- Adding a Blog Post
- Adding a Page
- Adding an Image to a Post or Page
- Adding an Image Gallery
- Adding an Image to a Gallery
- Deleting an Image from a Gallery
- Editing a Page
- Making Your URLs Readable
- Adding New Tools (Plugins)
- Changing How Your Name is Displayed
- Creating Parent/Child (2-Level) Navigation
- Adding a Streaming Audio Player
- Adding a Paypal Add-to-Cart Button
- FTP Basics
- Backing Up Your Database
- Setting Audio Quality in Audacity
- Using Multiple Addresses in One Gmail Account
Want Personalized Help?
What if you could ask me as many questions as you want, all month long? Yes, for $100, you can email me as many questions as you want about WordPress all month long, and I’ll answer in enough detail to allow you to get the work done.